30 July 2010

it's nice to meet you.


Ciao a tutti! I'm excited about launching this blog as a place for me to combine several of the subjects that I'm interested in: travel and fashion. wanderlust. picking-up-and-heading-out. la moda.

style.

sojourns.

...and Italy.

But let me back up for a minute.

I became interested in fashion in my early high-school years when I would scour through the fun vintage shops around the state and put together (sometimes outlandish) outfits that I don't think I'd even try to pull off today. Then came Miuccia.

Somehow in the late '90s my senses were awakened and I just couldn't get enough of the Prada collections. Just ask anyone who saw my freshman dorm room. The dark moody stylish shots of the '97 Fall/Winter ads lined the walls. I think it was then when I noticed it wasn't all about the clothes, the shoes, or the bags (because these were barely featured in the majority of ad space) - but it was about the overall style. The mood, feel, and projection of the design.

Throughout the next few years came a college path in fashion merchandising, business... then fine art. And with fine art came Italy. What better place to want to go for the love of art than Florence. So I went to Europe with my husband - to Paris, Rome, Florence, and more...and then we visited again. More countries. And again.

Then in '07 we moved to Italy. To "il bel paese"...and the home of Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, and Versace. More specifically, we moved to Florence. The home of the Reinassance....and Gucci, Ferragamo, Pucci, and Cavalli.

Now we are back in the States, but the wanderlust is alive and well. I do consider Italy like a second home, and the rest of the world my muse. I currently work in the fashion industry which allows for some travel itself, and the time I take away from work usually involves travel for pleasure.

Presently, I'm working on the begininngs of a an idea which has been lingering in my mind for years and is finally blooming. A unique travel consulting ("styling") service. For all the fashionistas, stylistas, and wanderistas. *stay tuned!* But for now this is just me sharing my observations of the fashion world and the world of travel - and where the two so stylishly meet.

2 comments:

Giorgia Martinucci said...

Hi there! Thanks for having visited my blog! I love the idea behind yours, it's so fresh and original! Have you ever visited travellettes.net? Great posts on travelling and style also there :-)

Erin :: EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga said...

Ciao Giorgia! GRAZIE tante! I just went to travelettes.com - what a great concept :) just my style. thanks so much for sharing that.